Monday, April 4, 2011

Interview: Anglea Mignone


At The February show, Feb 17th 

2011, I met one of the most interesting jewelry designers in Fort Greene Brooklyn, 
Angela Mignone. 

SP: How long have you been designing jewelry?

AM: I've been metalsmithing for 2.5 years now.
I took my first class, fell in love and did
a swan dive into the world of shiny, pretty things.


SP: As far as catalyst's go, what got you going?


AM: I've done a few things in the past involving cutting, filing, sanding, soldering and I really like the process. I also wanted
to make jewelry I wanted to wear but couldn't find in a store.


SP: Your designs are made for women, men or both?


AM: Primarily I design for women, but I will create designs
for men on commission. In general women purchase and wear
more jewelry so there's a higher demand.


SP: Does your work evoke the feeling of a particular era,
and if not would you like it to?


AM: My most recent pieces are inspired by kung-fu swords
with a sci-fi/futuristic type feel. I feel a strong draw towards
things yet to be.


SP: What kind of metal(s) do you use in your designs?


AM: For the most part I use sterling silver.


SP: What is it about this that excites you?


AM: I get excited about turning nothing into a beautiful something.
I'll have an idea for a piece that just pops into my head and 
even if I can't draw it to perfection, I can somehow create
it out of metal.


Angela, thanks for taking the time for this interview.
I can't wait to see the new creations and the latest pic's
from the photo shoot.  Cheers.


Interview by K.K.W


If you would like to know more go
to:www.angelamignone.esty.com 

No comments: